Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Water, Water, All Around...

Iris E. - So often, dreams about water...

Steven W. Minish - I have many dreams about water, traveling long rivers, swimming in oceans, island caves and many weird water creatures, mainly strange amphibians, water snakes, dragons, octopuss, and sea monsters, sometimes I can walk on water.


Iris E. - For me, it seems to be just water, in some form or another, playing a large role in the dream, nearly day in and day out. I think it represents the collective (consciousness, unconscious). Also, a personally emotional state of being. It could relate to a watery future but I am not sure about that. I wondered if anyone else dreams about water so frequently.
This is one for the One-I-Romancers.
Originally poster in the Book of Face.

2 comments:

  1. To me these particular dreams of water that Steven is reporting, if they were my dreams, seem to be about getting in touch with the Earth currents, the Telluric energy of Gaia.

    Also amphibians are creatures that live on land and in water. As such they can be a good metaphor for the dreamer who is as comfortable in the dream world as she or he is in the waking world.

    Swimming and diving in could also be metaphors for immersion in the creative flow applicable to other areas in life.

    All the best to you and Steven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I agree, dreams themselves are symbolized by water. In Carl Jung's red book his first vision or dream is about the Atlantic waters freezing up, and it was a prophetic dream of the coming World War. Dragons are important symbol, an awakening, since it's the Chinese year of the Dragon, and octopus makes me think of the Occupy. Amphibians, maybe this dream is about mutating and adapting to something new.

    ReplyDelete