Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Art of Dreaming

I finally got a copy of Art of Dreaming, by Carlos Casteneda. I like what Don Juan says about the 3 thresholds of dreaming, and that maybe sharing dream interpretations is counterproductive to the main purpose of dream work, building the energy body. I can see where tantra fits in here. Its about being in the dream, both in the sleeping and waking realms!

Now I know why we had those zhombie dreams the summer First Earth Dreaming School was online, and we eventually shut down. Sharing dreams might be like eating each other's brains.

If they trigger dreams fine, but let's try it. Let's share dreams to trigger other dreams and build our energy bodies. A little interpretation, but let's keep that to a minimum. OK?!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I agree Sunwolf. I think sharing dreams can gather and draw great amounts of energy. It can increase creativity between the people sharing dreams as they bounce ideas off each other. I do think some dreams are best not shared. These are either very negative dreams, which would be better spat out or banished in some manner, or great dreams of power. As you say, these may need to be held close so as not to disperse their power and to build up the energy body. As with all things discernment in what to share is necessary. But I think there are more dreams that need to be shared than kept private. Sharing our dreams with each other can help to build a culture that honors magick and the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am a Libra, so I like to mix things up. I notice with the Tensegrity movements of Carlos Casteneda and company, and the energy of my dreams, my energy body is getting stronger. I did have a dream last nite that I feel I will share. I've only had 3 dreams this cycle that I remember strongly and I feel this one, Conscious Accidental is full of good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my point exactly, I see both sides, and yes, sharing dreams helps to activate more dreams with people. So I was in a mood when I wrote that, trying to restrict dreams is like trying to shut the mind up. Still the tensegrity movements have really helped my dream recall.

    ReplyDelete