Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Buried Horse, Little Girl and Scarlet Woman Book, and The Apostle Craig

Buried Horse (10/29/2010 Waning Moon)


I dreamed an acquaintance who had horses had buried one with the head sticking out
of the ground near the road. A few sheep and goats were in a pen back from the road.
They were lounging. No feelings except to think, bummer the horse died.

Analysis: Perhaps this ties in with my dream of horse body and head last month. In both cases they were separate but not separate. I thought also of Hayagriva – the horse-headed one – stealer of the Vedas in Hindu myth where Vishnu appears in the same horse-headed form and returns the Vedas. Hayagriva is a great protector in Buddhist Vajrayana. In Tibetan Buddhism he is said to aid in helping the practitioner to better visualize the tantric mandalas and such. Also in my travels for work I often get near a town in NY called Horseheads and sometimes stay there. The name derives from a General Sullivan’s campaign to battle the Iroquois in 1779 – they apparently made a 450 mile journey through wooded and mountainous country coming through Pennsylvania with an inadequate food supply both for men and horses. Many horses died or became disabled. At the town – the Iroquois apparently found many bleached horses skulls and lined them up along the valley – which they named the Valley of the Horseheads. Also there are folks that live a ways down the road from me that have a white horse – and I don’t recall seeing him as of late – though sometimes he wanders upland. Update – my wife says he is still around.

Little Girl and Scarlet Woman Book

We were camping at home and in the morning the mail person had mail at the end of the lane. I was naked and went to get it but I saw a young little girl walking up the lane so I went and wrapped a blanket around me. I did not get what I was expecting in the mail but I did get a book I had ordered about The Scarlet Woman.

The Apostle Craig (10/31/2010 half-waned moon)

There was a news story about business men in China propitiating the Apostle Craig.
They used information from oil wells. The dream was vague (which rhymes with Craig).

No comments:

Post a Comment