Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Shifting Dream

I am a passenger in a horse-drawn carriage. I am wearing dark velvet finery, a gown and cape, and am filled with a sense of longing and anticipation. I am going to meet someone I love but haven't seen for a very long time. No street lamps: the rolling, expansive landscape is visible only by the remnants of sunset and a few emerging stars. The landscape is lovely but unknown.

The dream shifts abruptly and I am running like the wind down an enormous hillside onto a plain. I feel shock as I become entangled in some sort of net. As I struggle for freedom, I notice two farm boys about a hundred yards aways operating machinery that tightens the net. I persist in the struggle and figure out the weave of the net (five major bands that I must pull over my head and out of). As I become free, the two boys run away in horror. I wake up wondering what happened.

1 comment:

  1. Update: I did not think that I would have a lingering sense of this dream, but, I felt somewhat exhausted the next day into the evening despite the "victorious" outcome in the dream. So, after further contemplation of the dream, I cleared my inner space by watching a favorite film, directed by Ang Lee based on Jane Austin's Sense and Sensibiiity with a wonderful cast. It worked.

    ReplyDelete